OAWA Opens 2020 Membership Registration process
Welcome to the OAWA on-line Registration System
The Ontario Amateur Wrestling Association uses an online membership registration process where members can join or renew membership with the OAWA over the internet.
Important Changes for 2020
For 2020, the OAWA will utilize a Google-Forms set of Registration forms. This are available as follows (click the form that is appropriate to you and complete the form on-line):
IMPORTANT NOTE: There are important changes to all members relating both to Safe Sport Training for Coaches and Officials, and as required by the 2019 Adoption of Rowan’s Law Concussion guidance for Athletes, Parents, Coaches, and Officials. Please review the information contained in this Membership Information and by clicking the links on the Membership Forms. For more information on Rowan’s Law, please visit:
See note below for Safe Sport Requirements for Coaches
This is the OAWA portion only - contact the Officials' Association (OAWOA) for more details. See note below for Safe Sport Requirements for Officials
Tykes (7-8 yrs.)
This is recommended for parents and other volunteers assisting with club work, driving to events, etc.
* Note: If you are registering in more than one category (e.g. Coach & Official),
please pay the higher fee, but pay only one fee.
Please note that Independent members must pay by e-transfer.
Club members must pay their club and the club pays OAWA.
Membership Birth Years
OAWA recommends that athletes compete in the age group they qualify during the calendar year. A participant who registers early for 2020 (next membership year) competes for the balance of the current year under the age group for 2019. For example, an athlete registering early as a first year Cadet for the 2020 membership year continues to compete as a Bantam for the balance of 2019.
Birth Years for 2020
1999 & earlier
1. Clubs must register to be added to the club pull-down menu before your individual members can register. Club Registrars for new clubs or clubs changing their club name please contact the OAWA Membership Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Individuals, select your club from the pull down menu and complete your membership form. If you do not see your club listed, please contact the coach or volunteer responsible for membership for your club. NOTE FOR OFFICIALS - SELECT OAWOA AS YOUR CLUB.
3. From there, complete the form and click on the submit/accept link at the bottom of the waiver.
4. All athletes (or their Parent if the athlete is under 18) must fill the form out themselves, read the Concussion information and check the box to confirm they have read and understand.
5. In addition, for Officials and Coaches there are extra requirements under Wrestling Canada/OAWA Safe Sport requirements. You must sign that you agree to these requirements.
6. Your membership, including insurance coverage, is valid from the date you submit your form to OAWA through the web site. If your club refuses your registration, your membership will be voided and you will be notified that your OAWA membership is not valid.
7. To be eligible for OAWA membership, member applicant must be a resident of Ontario. That is, residing in Ontario at the time of application.
8. For payment: participant registering with a club please pay your club and the club will pay OAWA. Individuals registering independently must pay using e-transfer to email@example.com
9. Clubs and individual members are reminded that all membership applications are to be electronically signed by the member or a parent/guardian if the member is under 18. Signing the membership application is a legal contract between the member and OAWA and no one other than the member or parent/guardian should sign it.
10. Clubs are reminded that:
All 2019 Memberships expire December 31, 2019
All members must register on-line. There is no manual option.
Members are reminded that your membership fee provides the following benefits:
OAWA pays approximately 1/3 of membership revenues collected annually to Wrestling Canada Lutte in affiliation fees so that members may participate in WCL programs and events.
Fees include Insurance coverage for the following:
All Club activities, including practices, meetings, fundraising programs, travel to and participation in sanctioned events for members only.
Please note: coverage does NOT apply for any activity (dinner, etc.) where the service of alcohol is included. Special coverage for this is available to clubs at an extra cost, contact OAWA for details.
Please note this is not a complete description of insurance coverage. For more information, please see the insurance brochure at www.oawa.ca/About Us or contact OAWA for more information.
Opportunity to participate in all OAWA sponsored programs (Ontario Carding program, Provincial Championships, provincial camps, clinics, etc.)
Opportunity to participate in all OAWA Sanctioned events – for a list of OAWA Sanctioned events, contact the OAWA or check the OAWA web-site.
Opportunity to participate in all Wrestling Canada sponsored programs (National Championships if you meet requirements, national carding, national team programs, camps, clinics, etc.)
OAWA membership benefits, including insurance coverage, DO NOT APPLY to non-OAWA sanctioned events (for example school events sanctioned by OFSAA or OUA). Contact OAWA if you are unsure about event coverage.
A Complete list of all OAWA membership benefits is available on the OAWA web site.
Find out more
This is a partial explanation only. If you are unclear on coverage, contact OAWA for more details. For inquiries regarding Membership, please contact:
Thank you for your continued support of OAWA!
CLUBS PLEASE NOTE:
The Recreational membership program is a discounted membership program offered for clubs wanting to offer membership/coverage for participants who will only be participating for a limited time and will not be competing. Contact OAWA for more details.