Board of Directors - Treasurer (Volunteer Position)
The Ontario Amateur Wrestling Association (OAWA) is the governing body for amateur wrestling in Ontario; a member of Wrestling Canada Lutte (WCL). The OAWA is a notfor-profit organization, incorporated in 1978. The OAWA is the Sport Governing Body for amateur wrestling recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Sport. The OAWA works with member-clubs throughout Ontario as well as other organizations to promote the development of wrestling in the province. OAWA is led by a Board of Directors who determines the strategic direction for the association, with employees who carry out the day-to-day activities of the association. The OAWA Executive is currently looking to appoint a qualified individual to join the Board and assume the role of Treasurer for the organization.
The Treasurer is a member of the Executive of OAWA Board of Directors, with overall responsibility for financial oversight of the OAWA. This position has typical duties of a Treasurer/Finance position of a non-profit organization. The OAWA Provincial Director, a staff member, oversees the finances on a day-to-day basis. Duties of the Treasurer include:
- chairing the Finance Committee
- being involved in budget preparation;
- liaising with the Provincial Director for preparation of financial records;
- provide regular financial updates as required/requested to the OAWA Executive Committee, Board of Directors and the Membership of OAWA;
- monitoring financial controls; assisting with financial audits, financial statements; and,
- reviewing financial policies for the approval of the Board of Directors.
The preferred candidate would have the following qualifications:
- a designation as a CPA, CMA, CGA;
- a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a financial management role;
- experience with not-for-profit accounting would be an asset;
- familiarity with CRA regulations regarding charitable organizations;
- strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to establish strong working relationship with internal and external stakeholders;
- ability to work well independently and within a team environment; and,
- strong leadership skills to help guide the association.
- The Treasurer of the OAWA must be: 18 years of age or older; and, a member of the OAWA at the time of appointment or within 10 days.
How to Apply:
- Email a resume summarizing your credentials and relevant experience to: email@example.com
- Deadline to apply: Monday, March 4, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. For more information about the Ontario Amateur Wrestling Association, visit our website www.ontariowrestling.ca